We’re into the final month of activities for this year. A rundown of what has already happened, and what is coming up:
Development Group – 3 November
We had a good attendance last night, and everyone (including me) learned more about how Lightroom can be used to input, organise and post-process images.
Best of Year Entries – Due by 10 November
These can be entered online now. You can enter via the SALON ENTRY menu item on our website, or go direct to http://www.jotform.co/KCPS/bestofyear. Remember there are no grades for this final competition. Any member can enter one digital image and one print but they must be the same (or based on) images which were entered in one of the four salons during the year.
Online entries must be in by 5 pm on Monday 10 November. Bring your print along to the AGM that evening.
AGM – 10 November
The AGM will be held at 7:30 pm on Monday 10 November, at OBC. Following the AGM we will show the AV of this year’s Laurie Thomas Landscape Competition.
Formal notice of the AGM was earlier sent to members, and further documents will be distributed.
For this meeting:
- Don’t be shy about putting your name forward to join the Committee. It is very rewarding to be involved in running our Society, and it’s always good to get new people with new ideas. Please bring along your completed nomination form.
- Please bring along your matted print for the Best of Year Entry, along with a printout of the online entry you made (or a note with your name and the print title).
- We expect to have, for return to members, any unclaimed prints from the KCPS set or from individuals that were submitted to the PSNZ Central Region Salon being held this coming weekend at Silverstream.
- Bring along up to two mounted (but unframed) prints you would like to display at the Kapiti Arts Trail (to be held on the weekend of 15-16 November), with a price indicated if they are available to sell. While we see this mainly as an opportunity to promote the club, visitors do also expect some works to be for sale.
- Bring money to buy tickets for the EOY function ….
EOY FUNCTION – 24 November
This year’s venue for the EOY will be the Kapiti Club at 32 Marine Parade, Paraparaumu Beach. The function will start at 7 pm. The esteemed John Boyd will be the judge for the Best of Year Competition, and other awards will be given. This is always a great night – don’t miss it.